Island at the Edge

Island at the Edge
The Gathering, Cable Bay, Colonsay

Monday 10 December 2012

What a busy bee I be...

It has been all go here at the Homestead, a busy bee indeed I be.
Yesterday I was with several others, selling our wares, at our Christmas Sale in the Pub! We had a lovely time, lots of goodies to eat and Mulled wine courtesy of Mrs. Beaton and Gavalus Gavalar.
Captain Flack was landlord for the day - a natural behind the bar I should say. Thank you to everyone that took part and Eskie for organising things.
But that's not all I have been busy with.
Several of my latest designs are hot off the needles. I thoroughly enjoy thinking up new designs and the feedback has been truly lovely. 
The first completed is the Kiloran Sweater. Inspired by the wonderful film, I Know Where I am Going, this is my interpretation of the fabulous sweater worn by Roger Livesey. For further details see our knitwear page.

Kiloran Sweater





















Next is 'a little peice of Lola' a Harris Tweed and Hebridean wool Waistcoat. Lola, one of our sheep, is actually a wedder, but he doesn't mind being called Lola, I did ask him! He has a wonderful fleece. It's grey rather than the rich chocolate brown of his pals. This inspired me to produce the Harris Tweed and Hebridean wool waistcoat. I also managed to source some fabulous Antler buttons which I think work very well. To see what you think, have a peek at the Textiles page of our website.


Harris Tweed & a 'little piece of Lola'


Then, yes, I told you I had been very, very busy.
Here is the Braveheart and Hebridean Waistcoat. I thought the rich chocolate brown of the Hebridean wool, worked so well with the Braveheart Tweed, I produced this! For more details see our Textiles page. 


Braveheart Tweed & Hebridean 

And there's more...
Last but by no means least here is the Plain Gansey, knitted with wonderful Colonsay Hebridean wool. 








The Plain Gansey is available either knitted for you or as a knitting kit for you to knit at home. Everything is supplied, wool, needles, pattern and even the bag to put your knitting in! For details of the knitting kit, contact us.Or if you prefer the 'ready to wear' Gansey, here are the details of our Knitwear page.






And finally, although not made by me, but by Anne, here on Colonsay, are these wonderful babies cot quilts. She is such a talented lady, I think they are truly wonderful. These too are available on the Textiles page of our website.
Anne's wonderful quilted cot blankets.
So what next! A well earned break? No, the next designs are in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment